The PAH Biobank Enrolling Centers are our primary contact with participants that consent to house their biological samples and data in the Biobank. The Enrolling Centers are responsible for consenting participants, drawing blood, spinning of SST tubes, and same day shipping of blood tubes overnight for processing at the Biobank. We wouldn't be able to build this resource to benefit the PAH research community without the tireless contributions of our Enrolling Centers!
If you are already an Enrolling Center, we've put together a list of resources for you below.
If your PH Center is interested in becoming an Enrolling Center for the PAH Biobank please contact us for more information!
Currently, there are 34 centers located around North America that enroll for the PAH Biobank. Each center and the Primary Investigator are listed below:
|Enrolling Center||Center PI|
|Cincinnati Children's Hospital||Russel Hirsch, MD|
|Houston Methodist||Adaani Frost, MD|
|University of Rochester Medical Center||R. James White, MD, PhD|
|University of Pittsburgh||Marc Simon, MD|
|University of Colorado Denver||David Badesch, MD|
|Columbia University||Erika Rosenzweig, MD|
|Mayo Clinic Jacksonville||Charles Burger, MD|
|Washington University in St. Louis||Murali Chakinala, MD|
|University of Minnesota||Thenappan Thenappan, MD|
|Intermountain Medical Center||Greg Elliott, MD|
|Boston University School of Medicine||Harrison Farber, MD|
|Mayo Clinic Rochester||Robert Frantz, MD|
|University of Cincinnati||Jean Elwing, MD|
|Tufts-New England Medical Center||Nicholas Hill, MD|
|Children's Hospital Colorado||Dunbar Ivy, MD|
|Rhode Island Hospital||James Klinger, MD|
|Inova Heart and Vascular Institute||Steven Nathan, MD|
|LA Biomed Research Institute at Harbor-UCLA||Ronald Oudiz, MD|
|Vanderbilt University Medical Center||Ivan Robbins, MD|
|Wayne State University||Ghulam Saydain, MD|
|University Hospital of Cleveland||Robert Schilz, DO, PhD|
|Duke University Medical Center||Terry Fortin, MD|
|Spectrum Health Hospitals||Jeffrey Wilt, MD|
|Seattle Children's Hospital||Delphine Yung, MD|
|Vanderbilt University Medical Center||Eric Austin, MD|
|University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine||Ferhaan Ahmad, MD, PhD|
|Ohio State University||Nitin Bhatt, MD|
|Indiana University||Tim Lahm, MD|
|University of Arizona||Ankit Desai, MD|
|East Carolina University||Zia Rehman, MD|
|Louisiana State University Health||Robert Walter, MD|
|University of Texas Southwestern||Fernando Torres, MD|
|Queen's University||Stephen Archer, MD|
|Baylor Research Institute||Sahil Bakshi, DO|
|Medical University of South Carolina||Rahul Argula, MD|
|MedStar Health Research Institute||Christopher Barnett, MD|
|Allegheny-Singer Research Institute||Raymond Benza, MD|
PAH Biobank Enrollment Database
- Login and complete the required PAH Biobank eCRF for enrolled participants.
- To reset your password for the eCRF, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enrollment and Sample Collection/Preparation
- WHO Group 1 PAH patients may be eligible to be enrolled provided they meet the inclusion/exclusion criteria.
- To ensure optimum quality of all biological samples, please use the PAH Biobank blood draw protocol.
Shipping of samples
- Please contact the PAH Biobank for overnight shipping instructions.
- Samples are accepted for delivery Tuesday through Saturday (shipped Monday through Friday).
- Samples must be shipped same day they are drawn using FedEx Priority Overnight.
- If shipping for Saturday Delivery, please check the Saturday box on the FedEx form.
- Please send shipping notifications for all samples sent to PAHBiobank@cchmc.org